The rumors are all true. We are excited to go back to our roots. Actually, I don't think we could handle Turlock or Madera after living in San Antonio, Dallas, and Houston. We need a library, a mall, a Target, a Ross, an Ann Taylor Loft, a Cheese Cake Factory, a temple within ten to twenty minutes away. I have decided that I like big citites. They are so conveniant. So we are going to FRESNO!! We are so excited...and a little afraid of the unknown.
I am willing to give this a go for many reasons which I will gladly lay before you:
1. Spencer has the right to work wherever he is most happy and I will support him in this as long as he can work hard and provide a good living for our family. And I totally trust him and know he is more than capable.
2. I love California. I remember when I was 10 and moved from Virginia how much I hated it because it didn't have trees, like on the eastern US. But CA grew to be my home and there really is no place like home.
3. The central valley is a great location because you are two hours away from everything wonderful; mountains, ocean, big cities.
4. The fresh fruit ...need I say more?
5. Spencer will have his own work schedule and can spend more time with the family. He can also serve more at church. He's excited to sign up for everything in Priesthood, just like his Dad.
6. We will be close to family!
7. We have prayed about it and both feel at peace and excited. But we do realize it won't be a piece of cake.
Do you know whatwe will miss the most?
Good bye, beautiful. You were so good to us.
Oh, and by the way, IF this does not work out the way we plan, we will just move on and find some other exciting adventure to do. Just in case anyone thinks we're crazy, we do have back-up plans, but we hope that this will go well.
If you are ever in California, Spencer is dying to take you river rafting! This is what he is most excited about!