Here's why we had a great time:
1. There were ample kid-cousins and extended family to keep my children extremely happy and entertained--so consequently, mom was content.
2. The weather was perfect. The children played outside a lot of the time.
3. I shot a gun for the first time in my life! Actually, I shot three guns. A .22, an SKS, and a 12-gauge shotgun. I didn't mind shooting the .22 and SKS, but the shotgun--ouch!
4. Lots of new in-laws for me to get to know. I feel blessed to be married into such a wonderful family.
5. The yummiest food. My favorites this year were the sweet potato balls and the cinnamon twists.
6. While we were there, we found a home on-line that we are very interested in. Only time will tell us what will become of it....
I hope your Thanksgiving was a jolly-good one as well.