Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a fantastic Thanksgiving this year. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera so I have no pictures to share with you. (except for this one, which I found on-line)
Welcome to Lake Isabella, Ca!!

Spencer has a couple uncles and Grandparents here. Isn't it beautiful? Well, it is to us! A little desert-y, yes, but lovely.


Here's why we had a great time:
1. There were ample kid-cousins and extended family to keep my children extremely happy and entertained--so consequently, mom was content.
2. The weather was perfect. The children played outside a lot of the time.
3. I shot a gun for the first time in my life! Actually, I shot three guns. A .22, an SKS, and a 12-gauge shotgun. I didn't mind shooting the .22 and SKS, but the shotgun--ouch!
4. Lots of new in-laws for me to get to know. I feel blessed to be married into such a wonderful family.
5. The yummiest food. My favorites this year were the sweet potato balls and the cinnamon twists.
6. While we were there, we found a home on-line that we are very interested in. Only time will tell us what will become of it....


I hope your Thanksgiving was a jolly-good one as well.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Sounds like you had a blast! It's so nice when there are other kids for your kids to play with...makes things so much easier!

Anonymous said...

How far is Lake Isabella from Reno? It looks beautiful!
Before Thanksgiving, Jason and Erin Rivard came home and we went shooting with them. 357 and a shotgun. I actually hit a clay pigeon. Amazing!