Sunday, August 30, 2009

I'm still prego!

Last Monday at 12:01 a.m., at 36 and a half weeks, I starting going into labor. I was having contractions like crazy. The contractions continued on for two hours while I tried to get some sleep, but I was really just tossing and turning and debating on when to actually go to the hospital.

I finally decided that my labors are quick enough that I need to wake up my husband and get going to the hospital. So we got ready to go, cleaned up the house a little, and very reluctantly called our friends, the Anderson's, to come watch our kids for us. Then we took off to the hospital.

Funny thing happened--about half way to the hospital, my contractions calmed down a ton.
I checked into the hospital and got put in that ugly hospital gown and laid on that uncomfortable, cold hospital bed. They monitored the baby and my contractions for a good thirty minutes, but they weren't really contractions. It was just a bad case of "irritable uterus".

How embarrassing! I am on my fourth child and don't even know what labor feels like?!!! I was only dilated to a 1! With my other three children, when I started my contractions, it was get-to-the-hospital-as-quick-as-you-can! So this child is interesting. He's playing tricks on me.

Now, I'm happy to say I'm 37 and a half weeks pregnant and going strong! My contractions have minimized. I'm even walking, Bike Riding, and doing all those other things that you need to do to get the baby out--I'm ready!....

Um, they aren't working. I feel great, and I'm just grateful that my baby is FULL-TERM and that I can now have the freedom to be a normal pregnant lady--no restrictions. I can walk, and carry my two year old, and do everything else every normal pregnancy allows!

Just bloggin' to say I'm hangin' in there!

p.s. I'm really really sorry, Andersons, for waking you up at 2:30 a.m. last week, BUT I'll probably need you again soon!.....Thankyou SOOOOO much for your help.


11 comments:

The Pender Family said...

T... M... I... !! At least we all know why you're smiling! :)

Stephanie said...

Good Luck! My 4th was obnoxious also. My last two came 9 days early and with Jacen it didn't matter what we did. Man he was sticking in there. So much that the doctor was going to send me home at a 5. Anways needless to say it took pitocin this time! Good Luck!

Christian Hyer said...

I'm trying to picture you screaming at Spencer on the way to the hospital. Only to find out that you weren't in labor. Good luck with the baby.

Trent and Mel said...

Hope that baby comes soon, but that's great that it is now full term....And I volunteer my parents to be woken up next time... They love calls during the wee hours of the night to come babysit!

Lani said...

Good luck! Those last few weeks are tough!

Leslie said...

I did that with Megan...yeah, embarrassing and we even woke our neighbors up too! If/when we have another I think I'll wait it out a little longer. Glad you're doing well!!!

Stacy said...

Aww your such a cute preggo!

Susy said...

I am so happy that you are doing well, and carrying a full term baby with no restrictions. Miss you, and enjoy the remainder of your pregnancy!

Raggles said...

glad to hear you are hanging in there. we were wondering how it was going for you!

Trina said...

I've been thinking about you and glad to read your update. I don't think I've seen you for a while so I wanted to tell you-best of luck with this delivery! We'll be waiting to hear when you deliver!

Mary Kalree said...

Ha! That's a great story. But by now shouldn't there be some real pregnancy story??? :)