Thursday, October 30, 2008

11 Random Things About my Children

1. Maren hates when you close a door and separate someone from her. So when I am on one side of the door and Taylor is on the other side, it doesn't matter which side Maren is on, she feels left out and she is very unhappy. And, of course, McKay has caught on to this and always tries to close her out.

2. Taylor doesn't like pretzels. I have no idea why. We all love them. All that salt--what's not to love?!

3. Taylor and McKay love this really weird pick-up game that Spencer plays with them. We can't figure out why they like it. Spencer counts to five. If they haven't picked up a toy in those five seconds, they continuously get attacked by two wiffle (sp?) ball bats until they find an object to put away...and they love it! It works for now to motivate them to clean up, so I am content, but I'm also perplexed as to why they like it so much because it hurts. Spencer did it to me the other day. Ouch. Go figure?!?

4. McKay is our early bird. He's up between 6 and 7 every morning.

5. Maren is in a "Mommy" stage. She says "MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY". She says it when she needs something or when she wants to tattle on McKay because he pushed her down, or when she just wants to talk. It's very cute, but sometimes I wish she would say "DADDY DADDY DADDY" or anything else.

6. The other day I asked McKay what he wanted to be when he's grown-up. He told me he wanted to be a "fixer-man". I wondered what it was that he wanted to fix. He told me cars and bikes.

7. McKay holds his pee. He holds it and holds it and hold it until he can't make it all go in the toilet. He's always Pee Dancing and in denial that he has to go. Grrr. Frustrating.

8. My children are easily motivated by food. They always want a snack or a treat. I use this against them all the time to get my way. Ha!

9. My favorite word that Maren says right now is shoes. She calls them "OOSH". It sounds like she's saying it backwards. And by the way, she loves shoes. She has to have them on. Bows, headbands, and hats, on the other hand, come off before I can get them on.

10. Maren is 16 months old and STILL only has six teeth! Come on, teeth! Come in already!

11. Taylor is reading!

1 comment:

caroline said...

I loved reading this!! McKay sounds just like my boys~ they do the dance way too often (even still at 8!!)
Fun post!