Saturday, August 2, 2008

It's potty time!


We bought this really nifty basketball-toilet-seat for McKay for one of his birthday gifts.

(I don't do those mini-toilets. I don't want to deal with cleaning them out. I'd rather change a diaper. Yuck!)

We talked up going to the bathroom on the toilet and wearing "Cars" and "Thomas the Train" underwear.
He gets a piece of candy every time he goes to the bathroom in the toilet.

What more could a three year old boy want? Of course he's potty-trained now! Hallelujah!

So now we've moved on to phase 2: going #2 in the toilet. This is a whole new ballgame. I have bribed him with everything--gummy worms, tootsie pops, riding the go-carts, going to Chuck E. Cheese. Nothing is working.

(In his prayers, he says: "Help me poop in the toilet so I can ride the cars today"....and that's about all his prayers consist of. Something's not working for him)

That "drop" is scary, let me tell you. Taylor had the same problem.

Here's my new plan. I always miss McKay doing his business. He goes in another room to do it or he does it in the early morning or at nap time. So it is so hard to catch him in the act. I think that if I can catch him in the act, I could help him get to the toilet in time. This could work...

Any other ideas?

5 comments:

LizzyP said...

I am no help for you, that's for sure. But I will seriously think abou it. Perservere, my friend.

Stephanie said...

Good luck...I am only good at getting my kids trianed at night. I mean Kadee has been doing great but is really fully potty trained.

caroline said...

what a sweet and sincere prayer :)
have you tried dropping the poop from his pull up or diaper into the toilet in front of him?? This helped Zach for some reason. Good luck!

Marcia Mickelson said...

We're going through the same stuff with Ruben right now, and he also likes to go into another room to do #2. Good luck. Ruben turns 3 on Saturday.

Lani said...

Hi, Spencer and Sarah! That was an awesome story! It's so funny how different boys and girls are! For example, Marcee and Forest's little girls are totally feminine and Jake is ALL BOY, just like McKay!

By the way, Melissa Malan (can't remember her married name) said to tell you guys hi! She said she walked past you guys at Pismo Beach a few weeks ago when they were visiting from Nebraska and after she passed you, she realized it was Spencer, but didn't want to chase him down. I thought you'd appreciate knowing that. I hope you guys are having a great week!